Federal legislation requires that less than or equal to 10 gallons of every 100 gallons of fossil-based diesel be biodiesel by 2020. Existing manufacturers, at optimal production (which is not currently possible due to environmental setbacks) still cannot and would not be able to meet future demands. RWE provides a solution to this dilemma.
- RWEs facility is capable of supplying 20,992,275 gallons of algae oil over the next five years and an oil processing plant capable of processing that oil RWE’s entire process, from our choice to use algae to the manufacturing and transportation of our products, is ecologically sound
- Algae biofuel produces no sulfur, is non-toxic, highly biodegradable, and generates a significant amount of Oxygen
- RWE will use the algae cake (which can be sold both solid and gasified) produced once the algae oil is extracted as animal feed
- Microalgae are most efficient converters of solar energy than any known plant
- Microalgae is the fastest growing photosynthesis organism and can therefore complete an entire growing cycle in only a few days
- RWE has strategically located all aspects of our process to keep transportation costs down
- Algae has the highest oil content available